Do you love essential oils? Check out these top uses for Tea Tree Essential Oil. AKA Melaleuca. They are all amazing and super helpful!
I love my essential oils. I can’t tell you how many times over the last few months they have rescued me from one issue or another. With 3 kids and a puppy, someone always has something. The latest adventure was head lice thanks to a certain kindergartner. Tea Tree Essential Oil to the rescue!
What is Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil, also known as Melaleuca alternifoliais, is an essential oil that has been around for quite a while. The oil is extracted from a plant native to Australia and cannot be found naturally occurring elsewhere. Tea tree oil is known for its topical antiseptic and anti-fungal treatment or infection-reducing benefits. It also has antibiotic properties and helps aid against aliments such as skin infections, rashes, burns, dandruff and much more.
It should be noted that tea tree oil should not be used on babies younger than 6 months. Tea tree oil should NEVER be ingested and is only to be used as a topical remedy.
Top uses for Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Helps to prevent lice naturally; just add a few drops to your shampoo.
- Add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to Aloe Vera or body lotion to help soothe itchiness and discomfort from rashes, bug bites, and sunburn.
- Bath & Tile Cleaner: Can be used as an all-purpose cleaner: Fill a spray bottle with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with water.
- Treats acne.
- A few drops in your pets’ crates or beds keep the fleas away.
- Removes ticks; just add to the skin, and the little stinker will usually unlatch.
- Cures toenail fungus and Athlete’s foot.
- Helps remove skin tags.
- Naturally, cures bad breath. (Swish some tea tree oil and water in your mouth. – Don’t swallow)
- Has been found as an effective treatment for warts.
- Treats ringworm.
- Treats psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Relieves asthma or other breathing conditions when a few drops are added to a humidifier.
- Works as antiseptic on small cuts.
- Relieves earaches; mix 1 drop of tea tree oil with 1 tsp. Olive oil, drop mixture into the ear and then remove by tilting head.
- Freshen laundry: Add a few drops in your washing machine to scent your clothes. Also, if you forgot to put the clothes in the dryer, run again with tea tree oil to remove mildew. You can also scent wool dryer balls with tea tree oil.
- Cleans mold: Mix apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil and scrub mold; place outside to sun-dry.
Where to Purchase Tea Tree Essential Oil.
You can purchase Tea Tree (Melaleuca) essential oil through amazon.
Love Essential Oils?
Check out these 10 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil!
The information, advice, statements, and testimonials made about the essential oils, blends, and products mentioned on this web site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The information on this site and the products listed are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease, nor are they intended to replace proper medical help. It is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any regimen with essential oils. User submitted testimonials are based on individual results and do not constitute a guarantee that you will achieve the same results – what works for one may not work for another.
**Note I am not a physician. Please read our disclosure policy**
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.