The kids have Valentine’s Parties coming up soon at school, so I thought I would start thinking about sweet treats now. I love Valentines Day because it is all about love and kindness. Some may think it is overly mushy but I think it is fantastic! Plus my daughters birthdays fall awful close to valentines which means I get to take advantage of all the pink and red decorations for birthdays! 😉
This yumminess is like chex mix married muddy buddies. It is such a tasty treat, I dare you to eat just a little bit! My kids mixed in sprinkles, conversation hearts, and red M&MS. However, you could mix in any red and pink candies….they came up with a list, just in case you needed some help.
- Red M&Ms
- Twizzler Bites (not gluten free)
- Red Skittles
- Conversation hearts
- Red & Pink Runts
- Red & Pink Jelly Beans
- Red & Pink Mike & Ikes
- Valentine candy corn
You need to mix up a batch of this and give it a try! It’s so good!
Valentine Chex Mix
Yield 8 -10 cups
- 4-5 cups Rice Chex® cereal (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 Cups Popcorn
- 1/2 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies or other type of holiday candy
- 1/4 cup red or pink sprinkles
- 1/2 cup conversation hearts candies (optional)
- In large bowl, place cereal.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix candy, sprinkles, popcorn and finished chex. Serve in individual bowls and store the rest in an airtight container
- Bag this in individual bags and decorate with ribbon for gifts or party favors.
- Change this up for any holiday by changing the mix ins.
Courses Dessert, Snack
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.