Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Low carb, and delicious! This Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is the perfect appetizer for game day or any day, and not just for those that are eating keto!
There is something about opening the windows, the sound of sports on the tv, and some delicious appetizers that just screams Fall to me. Whether it is football, baseball, or just because this Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great recipe to have on hand for weekend snacks. It is also simple to make for any get-together with friends and family! My favorite low-carb appetizer, or one of them.
To make this dip you only need a few ingredients.
- cream cheese
- shredded chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese
- buffalo wing sauce
- sour cream
- and green onions to garnish (optional)
You will also need a cast iron skillet and a mixing bowl.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, wing sauce, and shredded chicken. Mix thoroughly to incorporate all ingredients.
Make sure your cream cheese is softened. This makes mixing your ingredients together much easier.
Transfer dip into a 9” cast iron skillet. Use a spatula to evenly distribute the dip and smooth the surface.
Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Broil the dip for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and garnish with sliced green onions if desired. Serve warm with veggie sticks, such as celery, or low carb tortilla chips.
This dip is naturally gluten-free as written. Check your buffalo sauce to make sure it isn’t a hidden source of gluten.
I know it seems crazy, but you can make this dip dairy-free. Substitute your favorite vegan cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Also, check your buffalo sauce to make sure it is dairy-free.
There are so many tasty vegan alternatives for dairy products now that make this possible.
Serve this dip with cut veggies, keto-friendly crackers, or keto-friendly tortilla chips. Not Keto? This is delicious with regular tortilla chips or sliced bread.
Quick Chicken – Snag a rotisserie chicken and shred to make this recipe even simplier.
No cast-iron skillet? First thing, get one! Second thing, you can bake this in any casserole dish you own
Crockpot! You can put this dip in your 4 quart or smaller crockpot on low or warm for the perfect way to keep your dip warm and cheesy!
More Keto Recipes
You can find more keto-friendly recipes here, including this delicious Fiesta Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe.
Keto Skillet Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup sour cream may substitute with plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken cooked
- sliced green onions Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, wing sauce and shredded chicken. Mix thoroughly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Transfer dip into a 9” cast iron skillet. Use a spatula to evenly distribute the dip and smooth the surface.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Broil the dip for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sliced green onions if desired. Serve warm with veggie sticks, such as celery, or low carb tortilla chips.