This post may contain affiliate links.
When I first saw this recipe I knew it would be good, but I had no idea. I really don’t know how to explain the flavor this cake has. It is hard to understand the awesomeness unless you just bake it. This cake truly does taste just like a cinnamon roll without the fuss. It is light and buttery with the cinnamony sweetness. Oh and the icing….the icing makes it. My kids pretty much just want me to make the icing to have available 24/7 to drizzle on everything. LOL
I made the cake batter and spread it in a 13×9 pan.
Then, the cinnamon filling. Mmm…. I just dropped it by spoonfuls and then used a butter knife to swirl it in. Then I baked the cake for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees. By this time, everyone is coming into the kitchen with their noses in the air following that cinnamon smell.
It comes out looking like this 😉 Let it cool completely.
Now time for my secret. This MAKES this cake Amazing! I put about 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in a bowl then stirred in 2 tbsp of International Delight Cinnabon Creamer. Add a little more if necessary to get it to the right consistency.
Do you love International Delight as much as I do? Join the International Delight Members Community for great ID news, coupons, and more!
Then drizzle away. The more the merrier.
All that’s left is to make a cup of coffee, and enjoy!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup butter - melted
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tbsp International Delight Cinnabon Creamer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In an electric or stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
- In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar and International Delight until desired consistency. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Replace the flour with your Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.