I love cookies. I think I love them more than the kids do. I don't know if it is their portability, or the fact that they are portioned out just so . I have really sat here and that about it and can't figure out if it is a comfort to me because my grandma used to make them all the time, or if it is because they are just so darn delicious. My love of cookies runs deep and is pretty much biased for HOMEMADE cookies. You can keep your store bought per-packaged cookies because they aren't the same. (Although I do have a temporary weakness sometimes for Oreos, but who doesn't?!) Fact of the matter is, if there isn't a fresh batch of cookies in my house at least once a week, there must be something wrong.
Since I have such a passion for cookies, I am always looking for the next best thing. I mix in random ingredients until I find a winner. This cookie caught my attention because it calls for less sugar than I am accustomed to using, but adds in the sweetness of the white chocolate and blueberry. The cookie is perfect for that cup of afternoon coffee or tea. I also didn't here any complaints from my daughter with her glass of milk this afternoon. I am sure we have found a new winner that will be seen in my cookie jar on a regular basis.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, oatmeal) in a medium bowl.
- In mixer beat together the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Slowly add one egg at a time. Stirring well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and begin to mix in the flour mix. Just stirring until combined.
- Stir in the blueberries and white chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until edges are brown and centers are set.
- Cool on pans for a couple minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.