The kids are out of school, and the mess has begun! We officially through caution to the wind, and jumped into our first craft project today and now I am covered in paint. The last thing I wanted to do was make a mess in the kitchen too. Luckily for me, my Hubby loves to grill. These thick juicy pork chops are so flavorful and delicious. The kids love them because they are made with root beer. I love them because they taste like they came out of a 5 Star restaurant, and I didn’t have to cook them.
If you are a Target Shopper you can get Hormel Pork Chops for $3.49 Lb this week, and Pepsi Product 12 Packs are Buy 3 Get 1 Diet Pepsi Free. These should make a great deal when you are purchasing groceries for this meal!
- 4 (1-inch thick) pork chops
- 3 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles root beer
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle-flavored hot sauce
- 1½ TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Place the pork chops in a dish; pour 2 cans of the root beer over the chops. Place in refrigerator to marinate at least 2 hours. Preferably overnight or all day.
- Remove the pork chops from the root beer; season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the remaining can of root beer, the beef stock, brown sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer the mixture until it reduces to about ¾ cup. Set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill the pork chops on the preheated grill until the no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Brush the chops generously with the reduction sauce and continue cooking for about 2 minutes more per side.
- Remove from grill and brush with any remaining sauce. Season with salt to taste before serving.