When I was a little kid my favorite treat was Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. Don’t try to give me a knock off brand, because I would call you out in a heartbeat. I would sit and systematically peel the chocolate layer off the outside and eat it first. Then I would enjoy the cake filled with creme. Truth be told, I may still to this day occasionally purchase a box and stash them in the back of the pantry where no one will find them but me.
We don’t buy that many snack cakes around here just because the kids food allergies make it difficult to find one that they can eat. We stick with homemade cakes, cookies, and brownies….which are even better in my opinion. Today I wanted to try something new. We made these delicious Marshmallow Brownie Rolls….very reminiscent of those swiss cake rolls. We added some red, white, and blue sprinkles for the 4th…and plated them up for dessert. All I got was gooey grins from around the table. All of them elated with their newest treat, and requests to make them again very soon.
Marshmallow Brownie RollsPrint Recipe
- Bake a pan of brownies according to the package directions. You can use gluten free brownies.
- Allow them to cool and cut them in 2 inch by 2 inch squares trimming the crisp edges off.
- Place a single brownie in between 2 pieces of wax or parchement paper and roll it out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread and even layer of marshmallow creme over the top. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Roll up the brownie from the short end to the short end.
- Continue this process with the other brownies
- Serve immediately or wrap with wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Start with a nice cool pan of brownies. I made these gluten free brownies from my Homemade Brownie Mix
Then you are going to flatten those brownies between some parchment paper or wax paper. This works so much better if you trim off those edges first.
Now you spread on the marshmallow creme. You can get creative and use cake frosting, peanut butter, ice cream….let your imagination run wild!
Now get to rolling. I just rolled them up from short end to short end. Right after i added some sprinkles.
Serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate.