My kids keep getting older and eating more. It’s the craziest thing! I find myself trying to get more creative in the kitchen just to keep up with their growing needs. There are only so many mornings a week you want to eat cereal for breakfast, that is why this morning we mixed things up with these super simple Strawberry Banana Quesadillas.
I guess quesadilla is a misnomer for these because there is no queso (cheese), but I think that the chocolate and peanut butter that found their way inside more than make up for that.
On my happy tortilla went some peanut butter, topped with strawberry and banana slices, and sprinkled with some dairy free chocolate chips. Instead of folding this in half, I just topped it with another peanut butter slathered tortilla.
I sprayed my griddle with some non-stick spray and plopped that bad boy on for about 1-2 minutes each side over medium heat just until the tortilla was slightly browned.
Onto the cutting board for a quick cut into pieces and this masterpiece was ready to be served. I sprinkled it with a little cinnamon sugar before the kids devoured it.
These Strawberry Banana Quesadillas were everything that kids dream of for breakfast, but still healthy enough to make mom happy. They have protein from the peanut butter, fruit, and a little bit of something sweet for fun. It’s the total breakfast package! Heck with breakfast, these make a fantastic after school snack too!
- 2 Tortillas
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced bananas
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spread 1 tbsp of peanut butter over each tortilla to cover.
- On one tortilla top the peanut butter with strawberries and bananas, then sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Top with the other peanut butter covered tortilla.
- Spray hot griddle or pan with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. Place quesadilla on the griddle and cook for 1 -2 minutes on each side until just browned.
- Remove, slice, and serve.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired.Gluten Free
- Use gluten free tortillasDairy Free
- Use dairy free chocolate chipsNut Free
- Use sun butter or other peanut butter substitute
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.