Pinterest is going to be the death of me. I sit here in the evenings and see all of these mouth watering unique ideas, asking myself, “Why didn’t I think of that?”. I have seen an assortment of goodies with chocolate, caramel, cookies, cakes, you name it….I think it has been pinned.
A couple of fun recipes that I have found were Dr Pepper Cake and Cookies made from a cake mix and a can of soda. But I haven’t seen Dr Pepper Cookies. So, I thought, why not? I got in the kitchen and made a mess. The kids thought I was some sort of mad scientist, but when they saw the results they were in awe, and frankly so was I . Who knew you could get a cookie from 1 cake mix and a can of soda.
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix
- 6-8 oz Dr Pepper Soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Dr Pepper Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl mix chocolate cake mix and 6 oz of Dr pepper. Stir until well combined and the consistency of cookie dough. If necessary add a little more Dr Pepper. Stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans (optional).
- Scoop into tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and Dr Pepper until you achieve your desired glaze consistency.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.