A simple, low carb, summer appetizer that is sure to wow! This tasty Southwest Zucchini Rolls Recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are my own.
Summer get-togethers are all about friends, food, and fun. Getting together for a backyard BBQ, or just for a few drinks on the porch, everyone loves a great appetizer! When it comes to the food, I love to use fresh summer ingredients to whip up something easy and delicious to serve to my guests. This Southwest Zucchini Rolls recipe uses just five ingredients and they are fast and simple make.
I ran to Publix for all of the groceries we would need for this recipe and found Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices. Publix always has amazing quality products to try and they have the best fresh ingredients. This Sargento cheese is a blend of Monterey Jack with Chipotle Cheddar, Colby, and Pepper Jack. The perfect combination for these Southwest Zucchini Rolls and super convenient because it is all in one slice. Sargento also makes a 5 Cheese Italian blend as well!
Do you use Publix digital coupons? Keep your eyes out from July 1, 2018 – July 15, 2018, for $0.75 off one Sargento Blends Sliced Cheese here and you can also get the same deal in-store on the shelf from July 16, 2018 – July 29, 2018 at Publix.
Making these Southwest Zucchini rolls is not hard at all. The trick is getting your zucchini sliced thin, long ways. I used a mandolin food slicer, which makes this just take only seconds. Once the zucchini is sliced, smear on a little sour cream, lay on a slice of Sargento Blends, and top with a couple pieces of chopped bell pepper and a sprig of cilantro.
If you have been struggling with what to make for your low carb friends or those that are watching what they eat these little rolls are the answer. All those veggies and that amazing cheese are a great option!
Roll them up and secure them with a toothpick. We enjoy these cold, but you can kick it up a notch by brushing them with olive oil and placing them on a hot grill for just a minute on each side. This melts the cheese and adds that grilled char to the sides that makes them irresistible. Who can turn down melty cheese?
The Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices adds a ton of flavor to these little fresh summer appetizers. Serve with some extra cilantro, a slice of lime, and a bowl of creamy avocado dip (recipe below). You can also make these in advance. Cut your veggies and roll these up ahead of time. Just store them in the fridge until you are ready to serve. You can keep them about 10 – 12 hours assembled like this before serving.
Not having a party? That is ok too! These are perfect if you are eating low carb or keto. Make yourself a few of these as a snack, or for lunch. With the Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices and veggies, they are a perfect choice! They are an awesome option when you are craving chips and guacamole. Just skip the chips and wrap up some of these Southwest Zucchini Rolls instead.
Southwest Zucchini Rolls
- 1 Large Zucchini
- Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Bell Pepper (sliced in strips)
- fresh cilantro
- lime (optional)
- toothpicksDipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh cilantro
- Using a mandolin or similar slicer, cut zucchini very thinly long ways into 1/8'' thick slices,
- Spread a small amount of sour cream on each slice of zucchini. Top with 1/2 a piece of Sargento® Blends™ 4 Cheese Southwest Slices, a couple pieces of pepper, and a sprig of cilantro.
- Starting at one end begin to roll up zucchini like you would a cinnamon roll. Secure the roll shut with a toothpick. Repeat until you have a desired amount of rolls.
- Serve cold or brush with olive oil and place on a hot grill for one minute on each side to add grill marks and melt the cheese.
- Drizzle with lime juice before serving if desired.Dipping Sauce
- In a bowl mix together sour cream, peeled and seeded avocado, lime juice, and cilantro until combined. Serve with rolls for a dipping sauce.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.