Only a few ingredients to these tasty and Simple Strawberry Cookies! They are full of strawberry flavor and so easy to make!
I have had this recipe for what seems like forever! Back before I was blogging, before sharing recipes was cool, and you had recipe cards for everything. YEP, I have had this recipe that long, and it is still a keeper. These Super Simple Strawberry Cookies are just that, simple to make! Don't let how easy they are to make fool you; they are so delicious. One of my favorites!
These Strawberry Cookies are made with a Strawberry Cake Mix, but they get even more strawberry flavor from the fresh pureed strawberries you add to the dough. Those are key to getting a great cookie! If you like a little crunch to your cookie, throw in some chopped pecans! OH, and you can't forget to sprinkle the tops with a little powdered sugar for an extra bit of magic.
Best Strawberry Cookie Tips
As always I highly recommend a cookie scoop to keep your cookies uniform and just make life easier when you are scooping your dough onto the cookie sheet. Also, parchment paper or a Silpat sheet is a must when baking cookies.
The result is a chewy, delicious strawberry cookie that will fly out of the cookie jar or plate! They are pretty to look at and even better to eat with a cup of coffee or tea!
Super Simple Strawberry Cookies
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Strawberries (pureed )
- powdered sugar (optional)
- chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients except Powdered Sugar.
- You can mix by hand, or with mixer.
- Mix just until everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop into 1-inch dough balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- You could use a well-greased cookie sheet, but I prefer parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for about 2 minutes then move to a cooling rack. While on cooling rack sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
- You can exclude the milk for a thicker cookie or replace the milk with a dairy free milk substitute like almond or coconut milk.
Originally published in July 2009. Updated March 2019.
More Cookie recipes
- The Best Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies Recipe
- Dr Pepper Cookies Recipe: 2 Ingredients
- Fruity Pebbles Cookies Recipe
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.