Only a few ingredients to these tasty and Simple Strawberry Cookies! They are full of strawberry flavor and so easy to make!
I have had this recipe for what seems like forever! Back before I was blogging, before sharing recipes was cool, and you had recipe cards for everything. YEP, I have had this recipe that long, and it is still a keeper. These Super Simple Strawberry Cookies are just that, simple to make! Don't let how easy they are to make fool you; they are so delicious. One of my favorites!
These Strawberry Cookies are made with a Strawberry Cake Mix, but they get even more strawberry flavor from the fresh pureed strawberries you add to the dough. Those are key to getting a great cookie! If you like a little crunch to your cookie, throw in some chopped pecans! OH, and you can't forget to sprinkle the tops with a little powdered sugar for an extra bit of magic.
Best Strawberry Cookie Tips
As always I highly recommend a cookie scoop to keep your cookies uniform and just make life easier when you are scooping your dough onto the cookie sheet. Also, parchment paper or a Silpat sheet is a must when baking cookies.
The result is a chewy, delicious strawberry cookie that will fly out of the cookie jar or plate! They are pretty to look at and even better to eat with a cup of coffee or tea!
Super Simple Strawberry Cookies
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Strawberries pureed
- powdered sugar optional
- chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients except Powdered Sugar.
- You can mix by hand, or with mixer.
- Mix just until everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop into 1-inch dough balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- You could use a well-greased cookie sheet, but I prefer parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for about 2 minutes then move to a cooling rack. While on cooling rack sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
- You can exclude the milk for a thicker cookie or replace the milk with a dairy free milk substitute like almond or coconut milk.
Originally published in July 2009. Updated March 2019.