This recipe is a keeper! A Simple Drop Sugar Cookie Recipe that can be easily converted to gluten free. These are a family fav!
This Drop Sugar Cookies recipe is my go-to sugar cookies at my house! I love this recipe because not only is it super simple, but it can be modified to make it gluten free, or dairy free if need be. The best part is you aren’t sacrificing taste or flavor by doing changing it up. These cookies melt in your mouth! They have such a great flavor and texture when they are baked up.
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
This is one of those great drop sugar cookie recipes that can easily be converted to gluten-free! Just switch out the flour for your favorite gluten-free all-purpose baking mix. As always make sure your other ingredients are also gluten-free. Sometimes gluten can be hidden in vanilla extract so be careful of that.
Freeze the Cookie Dough
You can even make the dough ahead of time and freeze it for quick and easy homemade cookies anytime! We love to make easy freezer cookie dough with all kinds of our favorite cookies. You never know when the mood for a hot cookie will strike!
Before baking, you can roll the cookie dough balls in some cinnamon sugar for the world’s simplest snickerdoodle cookie! We have also rolled this dough in sprinkles too! When kids are in the kitchen magical things happen with cookie dough. LOL
Drop Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In the mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (This will take a few minutes on high)
- Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until combined, scraping the bowl with a spatula.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons, 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just brown around the edges.
- Cool and serve!
- Makes about 21 cookies depending on the size.
- Substitute a gluten-free baking mix & gluten free vanilla
- Use a dairy free margarine or coconut oil.
- You will really love these Chocolate Chip cookies too!
- Simple Strawberry Cookies
- The Best M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies