This post may contain affiliate links.
This recipe is a keeper! A Simple Drop Sugar Cookie Recipe that can be easily converted to gluten free. These are a family fav!
This Drop Sugar Cookies recipe is my go to sugar cookies at my house! I love this recipe because not only is it super simple, but it can be modified to make it gluten free, or dairy free if need be. The best part is you aren’t sacrificing taste or flavor by doing changing it up.
These cookies melt in your mouth! They have such a great flavor and texture when they are baked up.
Watch How Easy Drop Sugar Cookies are to Make
You can even make the dough ahead of time and freeze it for quick and easy homemade cookies anytime! We love to make easy freezer cookie dough with all kinds of our favorite cookies. You never know when the mood for a hot cookie will strike!
Drop Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter - 1 stick, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg - large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In the mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (This will take a few minutes on high)
- Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until combined, scraping the bowl with a spatula.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons, 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just brown around the edges.
- Cool and serve!
- Makes about 21 cookies depending on the size.
- Substitute a gluten-free baking mix & gluten free vanilla
- Use a dairy free margarine or coconut oil.
Love these Drop Sugar Cookies?
You will really love these Chocolate Chip cookies too!