There are many scenarios, but they all start with kids that need entertaining. Whether it is a rainy day, they are “bored”, or a little one needs something to do while the big ones are busy. This is your salvation! Check out how easy it is to make Moon Dough!
What is Moon Dough?
Basically it is a dough that the kids can play with. It crumbles like sand, but can stick together to make sand castles, shapes, etc. This is great for little ones, for children that need sensory activities, and apparently the bigger ones don’t mind playing with it either.
- 8 cups flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil or baby oil
- Food color ( if you want to color it)
- Essential oils for fragrance (I used lavender)
- Pour flour into a large plastic container or tub. Add food coloring and essential oils if you desire.
- Add the oil to the center and mix together with your hands until it is evenly distributed and the flour sticks together when you squeeze it. Add more oil if needed to get the correct consistency.
- Give the kids molds, scoops, and more and let them enjoy.
- This can be stored for a couple weeks in an airtight container before drying out.
- Use Corn Flour or other gluten free flours if your child has a gluten intolerance. I have also heard that you can make this using playground sand and oil (however I have not personally tried it)
I need to make 2 batches next time. This was very popular at my house. Ha, even the little princess loved it!