I feel like I am constantly fighting a never ending battle. To eat….or not to eat all these yummy treats. Well, I love to eat, so I decided that my treats just need to meet my needs. I made these Low Cal Berry Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches and they are amazing!
I will admit that I didn’t have terribly high hopes. I love ice cream sandwiches. They are my favorite! The texture, the taste, everything about them makes me giddy. I actually found that these are better after they have been in the freezer for a couple days. The graham crackers soften and then you get the frozen yogurt creaminess. I swear, they have the same texture as a regular ice cream sandwich.
First you will line a 9×9 or 8×8 square pan with aluminum foil. Then place a single layer of graham crackers in the bottom.
Then in my food processor (you could use a blender), I pulsed strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. I left some chucks, because I love fruit. It is totally up to you how much you process them.
Then mix in the cool whip and the yogurt into the berries.
Pour over the the graham crackers and then top with another layer of graham cracker. Place in the freezer for atleast 4 hours or until frozen. Like I said, these are better after a day or two.
Then slice into single sandwiches and enjoy. I wrapped each one in their own plastic bag and returned them to the freezer for later!
- 10-11 Graham crackers broken into quarters
- ½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup chopped bananas
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup thawed frozen reduced-fat whipped topping
- Line a 9x9 or 8x8 square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Arrange the graham crackers to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pulse fruits in food processor or blender just until blended. (Some chunks can remain.)
- Mix fruit with yogurt and whipped topping in a medium bowl.
- Spread over graham pieces in prepared pan. Top with remaining graham crackers.
- Freeze atleast 4 hours better overnight.
- Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan.
- Let stand 5 min. before serving.