Banana bread is a mainstay in my house. WE LOVE IT! We also turn it into a dessert very quickly by making this Double Chocolate Banana Bread. HELLO Darlin’! Try to tell me I can’t have a piece for breakfast. I dare you. 😉 It is amazing with my morning cup of coffee, and the kids love it with a nice cold glass of milk.
The smell of this bread baking will bring the kids, the hubby, and the neighbors running. So make sure you make extra. Then have the recipe handy to hand out.
You can also package the dry ingredients and give them as a gift. I love getting and giving gifts like this! Just pack the ingredients in a mason jar, tie on a ribbon, and attach the baking instructions. Heck, you can even give this with a bunch of bananas and some k-cups. Someone would love you forever!
Plus, I have these FREE PRINTABLE Double Chocolate Banana Bread Gift Tags with the directions already on them. All you have to do is print. There is also a copy of the full recipe on there to include if you would like.
I like to include the recipe if I am giving someone a baked loaf too. It’s always nice to get new recipes that way. This is a super simple recipe. Pretty much everybody in the bowl, mix it up, and bake. You can’t mess it up and it is a perfect recipe for the kids to help with. They love eating the finished product.
Perhaps the best part…..you can make this gluten free & dairy free without a problem. In fact, the loaf pictured is both. Save or pin this post. You don’t want to loose this one!
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat sugar, eggs, and oil together. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Mix in flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips just until combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until top is cracked and bread is cooked through.
- Muffins: Bake 25 mins
- Mini Loaf pans: Bake 30 - 35 mins
- Use a gluten free flour mix and gluten free vanilla
- Use a dairy free chocolate chip. I used Ghirardelli Semi Sweet.
If you liked this you will love……
This homemade Lemonade Syrup with printable gift tags!