Bright Red Raspberries make me happy. They make me even happier in these Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins! My kids love muffins for breakfast, snack, really any time! I try to make them as healthy and nutritious as possible, and I want them to taste as good as they look.
These simple Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins are perfect! You soak the oats first and you don’t even know they are in there! The raspberry are sweet and bright! The flavor just pops out in every bite!
PS: I made these totally gluten free and dairy free! You can make them with regular ingredients and end up with great results too!
Preheat the oven and soak the oats in the milk in your mixers bowl. While soaking line the muffin tin with paper liners. My kids love helping with that.
Check out these beautiful Driscolls Raspberries! I love the sweetness and the added health benefits of the berries. Plus October 29th in National Oatmeal day. I think these muffins would be a perfect way to celebrate!
Then beat in sugar, oil, and egg into the oat mix. Mix in the dry ingredients. Until batter forms. Fold in the raspberries and fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full!
Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Check out these bad boys! YUM!
Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Buttermilk (or milk substitute)
- 1 1/2 cups Flour (or gluten free substitute)
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In mixing bowl combine oats and milk and let stand 5 minutes. After 5 minutes beat in egg, brown sugar, and oil until combined. Mix in flour, baking powder, & baking soda.
- Carefully fold in raspberries.
- Fill lined cupcake pan 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until golden.
- Use a gluten free flour mix. Also gluten free oats.
- Substitute a dairy free milk of your choice. I used almond milk.