This post may contain affiliate links.
I love baby showers, and I love celebrating a new life. As a mom myself, I know the gifts that you LOVE to get and the ones you can do without. What we really need is practical stuff that we are going to use. Skip all the fancy gadgets and get mom what she really wants. Here are the top 10 Practical Best Baby Shower Gifts. Ask any mom….I know they will agree.
- Diapers – Whether they are disposable or cloth, every mom needs diapers and lots of them. Don’t just buy the tiny baby sizes. Consider that the baby will grow. Buy mom a few packs of size 2 or size 3 diapers. She will thank you. Don’t forget to check out How to Save Money on Diapers, and get your gift for a little less.
- Baby Wipes – This is a necessity. I used baby wipes for not only diaper changes, but to wipe hands and faces long after we were done with diapers. You can never have too many.
- Restaurant Gift Card – New moms need a night or two off of cooking. Snag a local restaurant gift card…preferably one that delivers or has curbside service. This will be so appreciated after a long day of taking care of baby.
- Store Gift Cards– I know it seems impersonal, but store gift cards like Target, Amazon, etc are the way to go. Mom can buy formula, diapers, or any of the gadgets she didn’t get with it. Instead of buying her something she may or may not use. You know she will appreciate a gift card.
- Toiletries – Make a quick gift basket full of baby shampoo, diaper cream, lotion, and other baby toiletries. These are things that parents go through quickly and are always useful.
- Clothes – My kids grew fast, which meant they went through their baby clothes fast. Buy outfits for the baby but buy the larger sizes 6-9 months & up. These are rarely purchased for baby showers and really appreciated in those later months.
- Kitchen Items– Oh my, I forgot how many sippy cups we went through. Sippy cups, bottles, spoons, plastic plates, snack cups, and more. All those little kitchen must haves to keep baby happy. I am pretty sure you can never have too many. If you are going to get bottles check with mom first. Some parents are very picky about what type they will use.
- Movie Rental Gift Certificate – There were so many nights I was up nursing at 2 am. Snag the mom to be a gift certificate for movie rentals, or even a subscription service like Netflix. It will keep her entertained when she is up all hours of the night.
- Laundry Items – Laundry is going to happen a lot with a baby in the house. Stock the new mom up on sensitive baby laundry detergents, stain removers, and like items. These are things she is going to be going through faster than she knows. A cute gift idea would be to fill a small hamper with these items so she is all ready to go.
- Time Off – Give a mom the gift of time. Offer to come in and babysit so she can shower, go out to lunch, or just take a breather. Even better hire a housekeeper one afternoon, get her a salon gift card to get her nails done, something for her. Moms need to rejuvenate and a little time off would be a perfect gift.
I hope that these Practical Baby Shower Gifts gave you some great ideas to celebrate the new mom and baby in your life.