Fishing Party, Shark Week, Father’s day. There are so many reasons to make these adorable Fishing Pole Pretzel Snacks.
Looking for an adorable treat for a fishing party or shark week? Check out these Fishing Pole Pretzel Snacks that are too cute for words. Just pick up a few ingredients from the store and get creative in the kitchen. Assembling these is a breeze and can even be done ahead of time.
Fishing Party Treats
Finding adorable treats for any party can be challenging. Especially ones that don’t take a ton of time to prepare. These Fishing Poles are a perfect addition to any Fishing Party treat table. Another fun treat that I always love to make and share is this Copycat Ocean Water drink. Both of these are perfect for any fish themed party!
Dairy Free Candy Melts
Over the years I have learned a trick or two when it comes to making things dairy free. Amazon has these great King David Vanilla Candy Melts that are perfect for this yummy treat. The beauty of it is they are dairy free. They melt up just as great as the regular melts too!
Tips & Tricks to Assemble
Working with candy can sometimes be tricky. A great tip is to keep some melted candy handy. If you are having a hard time tying on your licorice, use some melted candy like glue. It works every time…and it is delicious! You can even use a small bit to help the gummy worms adhere to the other end too!
Fishing Pole Pretzel Snacks
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour candy coating over two-thirds of the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess. If applying sprinkles, do so immediately rotating the pretzel rods to coat all sides. Larger sprinkles work best if placed individually.
- Place pretzel rod on waxed paper or cooling rack. (Cook’s notes: Waxed paper makes for easier release.)
- Pull Twizzlers into individual strands. Dip one end of a Twizzler into melted candy coating and press against the coated end of a pretzel rod. Once the candy coating is set, use another Twizzler to wrap around the rod, using melted candy to hold the Twizzler in place. Allow to set completely.
- Tie the loose end of each Twizzler around a gummy worm.
- Display in an upright container like a small bucket, and serve.
More Ocean Themed Treats
- Seafoam & Shark Jello Cups – Shark Week Treat
- Shark Bait Snack Mix and Printable Popcorn Box
- Octopus Beach Magic Jello Cups
- Beach Bum Cupcakes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.