Fourth of July is this week and the kids have just been itching to see what Red, White, and Blue Treat I have come up with! We made the most awesome Strawberry Cookies and had to decorate them accordingly. The decorating is the best part! The kids really get into their creations!
And some taste testing may occur!
While I typically don’t like to bake too much in the Summer, it was a rainy day today, so just a perfect day to get busy in the kitchen! If you aren’t a fan of strawberry you can make these cookies almost any flavor!
Berry Patriotic Cookies
Yield 30 Cookies
- 1 Pouch Of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry Jam (or other flavor)
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter Or Margarine
- 1 Egg
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 TBSP water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar cookie mix, melted butter or margarine, 1 egg, and jam.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Wisk together powdered sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and enough water to make the icing.
- Spoon the frosting over the warm cookies.
**Dairy Free** Use a dairy free margarine, and of course as always check the packaging for ingredient changes.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. And mix together the cookie dough. I added some red food coloring because I wanted to be able to tell that they are Strawberry Cookies. That is totally optional!
Drop the cookie dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
While they are baking mix together the frosting ingredients. We separated it into 3 bowls and colored it accordingly.
I put my cookie rack over an empty baking sheet to catch our drips! Then the kids went to town!
They turned out awesome!