Spring is here and I am dreaming of long days by the waves with my feet up and something with lime & coconut in my hand. I am just going to have to keep dreaming because my reality is typically someone throwing sand or choking on salt water waiting for me to run rescue them. BUT…that is what I signed up for when I became a mom and I wouldn’t change any of it. However, I can still have that lime & coconut while I dream. Check out these easy Toasted Coconut Key Lime Truffles.
I really only needed a handful of ingredients to make this decadence happen. Not pictured my 1 lone key lime that was left in the fridge from another recipe (God rest his soul). He was put to good use and loved the entire time.
I turned my oven on to about 300 degrees F. If you have a little counter toaster oven it would work too. I put a pan of coconut in a single layer for about 5 minutes….or just until toasted. You don’t want burnt coconut. Trust me.
I then whipped the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, key lime zest and juice, and 1 tbsp full of International Delight French Vanilla Sugar Free Fat Free Creamer. It adds just the right flavor to these yummy truffles. I like to keep it on hand for not just my morning coffee but for recipes too. Sign up for International Delight’s Newsletter and you may just find a coupon in your inbox occasionally. I love that!
You can also use the fat free or 1/3 fat cream cheese if you are trying to get ready for swimsuit season.
I used my cookie scoop to scoop balls of the cream cheese, it should still be a little soft but hold its shape. If yours is too soft add a little more powdered sugar, or even some of the shredded coconut.
Once in a ball, roll it in the toasted coconut and place it on a parchment lined baking sheet. I popped mine in the freezer to get nice and firm.
I can pull them out and place them on a tray for serving to company, or just reach in and grab one for myself for a momentary getaway.
Toasted Coconut Key Lime Truffles
- 1 8oz package of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- zest and 1 tsp of juice from a key lime
- 1 tbsp International Delight Fat Free Sugar Free French Vanilla Creamer
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the coconut on the pan in an even layer and bake for about 5 minutes or until toasted.
- In a bowl beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, key lime juice & zest, and International Delight Creamer.
- Use spoons or a cookie scoop to form in 1 tbsp size balls. If it isn't thick enough to hold it's shape add some more powdered sugar or coconut to the mix.
- Roll the balls into the toasted coconut and place on a clean parchment lined baking sheet. Place finished truffles in the fridge or freezer to firm. Store in an airtight container in the freezer/fridge until ready to enjoy
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.