Football on the brain. That would be the condition my hubby has right about now. The treatment? Appetizers, and man food. Lots of it! I just didn't want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. So I whipped together these BBQ Chicken Pizza Sticks and they turned out fantastic...if I do say so myself. They are the perfect finger food.
If you have never tried a BBQ chicken pizza you are missing out. You have to give it a whirl at least once. The sweetness of the BBQ Sauce and the creaminess of the cheese are terrific together!
BBQ Chicken Pizza Sticks
- 1 13.8 oz roll Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust (Or any fresh pizza dough)
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce of your choice
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2 Cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced red or sweet yellow onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro Optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F .
- Form pizza dough into about a 15-inch by 10-inch rectangle and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 Minutes at 400 degrees F
- While the pizza crust bakes, add bbq sauce to the diced chicken in a medium bowl to coat.
- Spread the BBQ chicken over the baked pizza crust then scatter the shredded cheese blend and top with onion slices.
- Bake pizza 6 to 10 minutes until cheese has melted and starts to bubble.
- Cut into sticks, top with cilantro (optional), and serve immediately.