I am in a total take out mood tonight, but I am so proud of myself! Instead of doing take out….we did take out…. in! As you all saw, I went to Publix today! I thought that it was important to show you what I buy and spend. Just because I have a savings blog doesn’t mean I walk out of the store paying $0. I shop for a family of 5 plus dog. I spend money people, just I lot less than I would without coupons! I have the occasional 75% + savings and that always makes me feel great. It just doesn’t happen every week.
This week, I was looking at the meat counter at Publix. As I hunted for something to jump out and scream “Cook me!” The stir fry meat started hopping up and down 😉 So, I walked over and saw that the package was only around $3! That was doable, plus I just picked up a big bag of frozen broccoli! Hmmm…the wheels started turning. Since I was hungry for some kind of Chinese food, BEEF AND BROCCOLI it was!
If you have never thought about making your own it is so easy! It will go from the grocery bag to your table in under 30 minutes. It would take me longer to drive to the Chinese place! I just wish I had one of those cute little containers to put it in! Here is my recipe for Beef and Broccoli
Place uncooked Beef Strips in a bowl cover with 3-4 TBSP of Soy Sauce. Let sit 15-20 Minutes.
While the Beef is marinating is a good time to cook/steam rice.
Heat a skillet or wok over medium heat. Add beef, a pinch of ginger, 2 TBSP Soy Sauce, and 1 TBSP Cornstarch. Cook Beef Strips for 3-5 minutes.
Add the bag of frozen stir fry veggies.
Stir the mixture together and let cook another 5 minutes.
Serve over rice.
Beef and Broccoli
- Stir Fry Beef Strips - 1/2-3/4 lb
- Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Corn Starch
- Frozen Broccoli Stir Fry Veggies
- Place uncooked Beef Strips in a bowl cover with 3 -4 TBSP of Soy Sauce. Let sit 20 Minutes.
- While the Beef is marinating is a good time to cook/steam rice.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add beef, a pinch of ginger, 2 TBSP Soy Sauce, and 1 TBSP
- Cook Beef Strips for 3-5 minutes
- Add the bag of frozen stir fry veggies.Gluten Free: Use a gluten free soy sauce
- Stir the mixture together and let cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice
I have lots of great Dinner Recipes! Don’t forget to take a look!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.