When we go out to eat the first thing we order is usually a Bloomin Onion. My hubby and oldest daughter LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Since we are planning a big Super Bowl Party/Birthday Celebration around here I figured this Bloomin Spinach Artichoke Bacon Bread would be an amazing appetizer. But we needed a test run.
You know....to make sure it is good. 😉
All I did was sliced a round loaf of bread in about 1 ½ inch sections both ways, being careful not to cut the bread the entire way through.
Then I heated the spinach, artichokes, garlic, and a little bit of butter in a skillet. I then tossed in cooked bacon pieces. I mean, doesn't bacon make everything a little better? While it is sauteing, I carefully filled the cracks of the bread with shredded mozzarella cheese. The helps the bread bloom a bit.
Now take a spoon and carefully start filling all the cracks with the spinach & artichoke mix. Stuff in as much as you want. I then sprinkled a little more bacon on the top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 2 minutes to crisp up.
You will end up with this amazing appetizer that everyone will oooh and aaah over! YUM!
Bloomin Spinach Artichoke Bacon Bread
- 1 bread Round Loaf
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded , divided
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 package spinach Frozen / thawed & drained
- 1 box artichoke hearts frozen, thawed & chopped
- ½ cup bacon cooked chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your bread first one way, then the other, making a cross-hatch and being careful not to slice through the bottom of the loaf.
- Stuff ¾ a cup of cheese in the cracks of the bread.
- In a saucepan, Melt the butter and sauté the garlic. Then add the spinach and artichokes, coating them well in the butter and garlic. Toss in ¼ cup of the chopped bacon.
- Spoon the mixture into the bread over the cheese and into the cracks. Top with the remainder of the cheese and bacon.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet in the middle rack of the oven. Bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for a final two minutes. Serve immediately.