A zesty twist on a favorite. Check out this delicious Lemon Muddy Buddies Recipe, plus its gluten-free.
Lemon is such a lively flavor that is perfect to usher in spring. It's sweet/sour and full of zest! That is why I love these Lemon Muddy Buddies this time of year. Plus they are so easy to make, the kids love to help!
How to Make Lemon Muddy Buddies
Gather your ingredients. You will only need Chex, lemon, white chocolate chips, butter & powdered sugar. Measure your Chex in a large bowl and set aside.
Melt the Chocolate & Butter together. Then stir in the lemon juice.
Pour the mix over the Chex, stirring to coat. Then toss with powdered sugar to coat.
You are left with these little bits of awesomeness! The kids couldn't get enough of them! These would be great to put out on the table for Easter.
Storing Muddy Buddies
Store these in an airtight container in the fridge for best results.
Vegan Lemon Muddy Buddies
Just switch out a couple of ingredients to make this tasty treat vegan! Use a vegan butter substitute instead of butter. Also, use a vegan white chocolate (vanilla baking chip.) I have used these King David Vanilla Baking Chips with great results. They are delicious.
Lemon Muddy Buddies
- 5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- ¾ cup Vanilla Baking Chips
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Measure the Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, melt the Vanilla Baking Chips and the Butter together (about 30 seconds in the microwave). Use a citrus juicer to juice one lemon until you have about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. (If there is a little more it can be added in for extra flavor!). Mix the lemon juice with the melted vanilla chips and butter.pour the lemon vanilla mixture over the top of the cereal and use a spatula or a spoon to mix well until all of the pieces are coated.
- Measure the powdered sugar and pour over the coated cereal. Stir gently until the pieces look dry and all of them have a powdered sugar coating.
- Serve for a delicious lemony snack!
- Store uneaten muddy buddies in an airtight container in the fridge
More Easy Snack Recipes
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.