School starts this week at our house! All 3 kids are heading out into the world and I am a nervous wreck. They are thrilled and excited to make new friends, participate in art club, and get to know their class pets. I wish I had a Turtle Tank in my kindergarten class! I am the textbook over protective mom who would be happy to keep her little birds in the nest 24/7. This week will be hard for me. My hubby is already asking me if I am OK. I am sure I will survive, but I MUST keep busy!
So I am baking, it's my form of therapy. I thought I would make the kids some special lunch box treats for their big days! I adapted a Blondie recipe I had and made these delicious Celebration Blondies! They are so easy to make and take just a few minutes to whip together.
Quickly whip the simple batter together while your oven preheats to 350 Degrees. PS: These can be made gluten free and dairy free very easily. Check out the recipe for modifications.
Now dump in your mixins. I added the sprinkles to make it like a funfetti cake. I didn't get quite the result I was looking for. Next time I will sprinkle them on top right before the blondies go into the oven and not mix them directly into the batter.
Next I poured the batter into a foil lined 13x9 pan. This helps for easy cleanup and to prevent them from sticking to the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool Cut and Serve! Store in an airtight container until they are gone....it won't take long.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan and top with sprinkles.
- Bake at 350° for 20-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour mix. I personally used 3/4 cup corn flour and 3/4 cup corn starch as a replacement and it worked great. Also make sure you are using other gluten free ingredients (vanilla, sprinkles, etc)Dairy Free
- Use a dairy free margarine and leave out the white chocolate chips. You can substitute an extra 1/2 semi sweet chocolate chips to replace. Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips are dairy free.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.