Harry Potter fans this Butterbeer Cake Recipe is a must have! The delicious caramelly cream soda flavor baked into a delicious cake!
It is no secret that we love Harry Potter at my house! We have shared all of our Harry Potter Treats & Crafts plus we have shared our trips to Universal Orlando to the Wizarding World. With all of our Harry Potter celebrations, there is one thing that makes them better; Butterbeer Cake! I came up with this simple Butterbeer Cake Recipe that is a little different than anything else you will find on the internet, but the flavor is spot on!
This Butterbeer Cake flavor is based on the actual Butterbeer Drink served at Universal Orlando Resort. Their Butterbeer has a cream soda based flavor with a marshmallowy whipped topping. You can pick a frozen butter beer or a hot butterbeer. The flavors are a caramelly, creamy goodness. Many Butterbeer recipes start with a butterscotch syrup, but this one does not. It was important to me to get the great butterbeer flavor without dairy, I think I have done it.
What Makes this Butterbeer Cake?
The key ingredients that really make this cake pop with the perfect flavor are
The vanilla pudding mix brings the added creaminess to the cake and the rich creamy flavor. The Caramel and Root Beer extracts add in that cream soda flavor that adds depth to the flavor of the cake!
Gluten Free Butterbeer Cake
Making a Gluten Free Butterbeer Cake only takes one small change. Use a gluten free cake mix instead of a regular cake mix. All of the other ingredients also need to be gluten free but that shouldn’t be a problem. This is actually one of the best gluten free cakes because the pudding really moistens the cake and gives it a fabulous texture.
How to Make a Butterbeer Cake
Making the butterbeer cake is super simple. You will need
- Vanilla or Yellow Cake Mix of your choice (TRY THIS Homemade Cake Mix)
- Ingredients to complete the cake mix
- Imitation Caramel Extract
- Root Beer Extract
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
You are going to mix the cake according to the instructions, adding in the vanilla pudding mix, and the extracts. Bake your cake according to the package depending on the size. This time I chose to make cupcakes, because who doesn’t love a good cupcake?
Butterbeer Cupcake Essentials
A couple essentials that make this Butterbeer cake more magical. I highly recommend frosting your cupcakes with this amazing Butterbeer Cream Frosting. It has that marshmallowy butterbeer creaminess that you don’t want to miss!
Second, you can snag these amazing greaseless cupcake liners, and lightning bolt sprinkles from Sweets & Treats! I highly recommend everything they have. It is one of the only places I shop for cupcake liners and sprinkles.
Butterbeer Cake Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In your mixer prepare your cake mix according to the package. Stirring in the vanilla pudding mix and the two extracts.
- Place your batter in the pan of your choosing (cupcake, round cake, etc.)
- Bake according to the cake mix package.
- Use a gluten free cake mix.
- Seek dairy free ingredients like dairy free vanilla pudding mix (most are just check the package)
- Also use dairy free alternatives when mixing your cake.
Other Harry Potter Treats
- Magical Butterbeer Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Easy To Make Butterbeer Latte Recipe
- Harry Potter Inspired Chocolate Frog Cupcakes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.