Leftovers gotcha looking for recipes? This Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Casserole Recipe is simple, low carb, & gluten-free! Perfect for dinner any night of the week!
Ham is delicious but underrated when it comes to everyday meals. After the holidays we find ourselves looking for something to do with the leftovers! This Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Casserole is delicious, easy to make, and low carb friendly! Perfect for after the holidays, or even just a busy weeknight dinner!
To make this you will need…
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- frozen broccoli
- frozen riced cauliflower (or actual cooked rice)
- Spice (onion, salt, pepper, mustard powder)
Also a 2 quart casserole dish or similar.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pop your bags of frozen veggies in the microwave according to the instructions.
It doesn’t get much easier than this! In a large bowl mix the steamed cauliflower rice, steamed broccoli florets, ham, 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar, eggs and spices. Stir to incorporate.
Now you don’t HAVE to pre steam them, but this does seem to help that everything is completely heated and melted faster.
Spoon the mixture into your casserole dish and spread evenly. Top with some more shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
If you are not interested in low-carb or cauliflower rice, I totally understand. You can simply substitute in 2 cups of cooked white rice for the cauliflower rice. You could even stir in some homemade cream of chicken soup mix to make this a little richer.
This casserole is delicious served with
Store any uneaten casserole in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Low Carb Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Casserole
- 12 oz riced cauliflower bag of frozen
- 12 oz broccoli florets bag of frozen
- 2 cups ham diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- Steam the bags of cauliflower rice and broccoli according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the steamed cauliflower rice, steamed broccoli florets, ham, 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar, eggs and spices. Stir to incorporate.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, and spread to create an even layer. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm.