Make a treat and memories with your kids with this Fun & Easy Penguin Oreos Treat Recipe! So simple and delicious!
Making memories with your kids in the kitchen isn’t always about baking something new, or making a huge mess. Sometimes the best memories come from being creative with treats you already have. These Fun & Easy Penguin Oreos are simple to make and a delicious treat! The kids will flip over how cute they are!
To make these you will need a few items that can be picked up at any grocery store.
- Oreos (or any brand chocolate sandwich cookie)
- Chocolate Chips
- M&M’s (large and mini)
- Candy Eyes (found in sprinkle section)
- Candy straws
- White Chocolate Melts
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Melt chocolate chips in a bowl according to package directions.
Dip an oreo into the chocolate, completely submerging to coat both sides. Use a fork to lift the cookie out of the melted chocolate and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to allow any excess chocolate to drip off. Place the chocolate coated oreo on the prepared baking sheet.
Now comes the fun. While the chocolate is still wet add the bits that make it a penguin.
- White Candy melt for the belly.
- Two eyes with a sideways orange mini M&M for the beak.
- 2 M&Ms (color of your choice) for the ear muffs
- 1 candy straw to match M&M across the top for part of the ear muffs
Repeat for as many penguin cookies as you want and place the baking sheet in the fridge for about 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
Here are some tips if you would like to make these gluten free! As always, double check all packaging when it comes to store bought items. Use gluten free Oreos (which are delicious). All other candy should be safe that is used in this recipe.
Store any uneaten Penguin Oreos in an air tight container. Eat within 2-3 days.
Maybe we should play with our food more often! Check out these other fun food projects you can make with your kids.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl according to package directions.
- Dip an oreo into the chocolate, completely submerging to coat both sides. Use a fork to lift the cookie out of the melted chocolate and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to allow any excess chocolate to drip off. Place the chocolate coated oreo on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add 1 white chocolate melt to the lower half of the oreo for the penguin’s belly.
- Press two candy eyes and an orange Mini M&M in the center for the beak.
- Take 1 Sour Punch Rainbow Straw and cut it into about 2-2 ½ inch pieces. Next, slice it lengthwise in half. Wrap one half of the straw around the top of the penguin oreo to create the strap for the earmuffs.
- Add two regular sized M&M’s that match the color of the Sour Patch Rainbow Straw to the sides of the oreo to complete the ear muffs.
- Repeat this process to create as many Penguin Oreos as desired.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to firm up.