A Summertime or anytime dessert that will make them beg for more! Check out just how easy this no-bake Cherry Delight Recipe is!
I love Summer! I feel like I am in my groove when the kids are all home. I have meals and activities plan, and all my little chicks underfoot. Don’t get me wrong. There are days when I want to get away, but when it all comes down to it, I love being a Mom.
Since we spent the day outside, I put this dessert together at lunchtime and tossed it in the fridge. No baking required. My hubby peeked at it earlier and gave me that look. The one that questions if it is going to be good or not. After supper, he was the first one asking for dessert, and then said,”Wow, that is good! What do you call it?” Then he got another bowl. So it is a winner at my house! Give this Cherry Delight a shot at yours! I am sure they will love it!
How to Make Cherry Delight
First, gather your ingredients. This is so good and so easy!
Layer graham crackers in the bottom of an 8×8 or 9×9 square pan. In a large bowl mix the vanilla pudding with milk according to the package and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Just enough to set it up a bit.
Once the pudding is set to fold in 1 8oz tub of cool whip. You are going to pour half of this pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers.
Then you are going to layer some more graham crackers on top, then the other half of the pudding.
Top with a final layer of graham crackers and a can of cherry pie filling. If your family isn’t big cherry fans, you can choose another flavor.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. I have found the longer, the better.
After it has been in the fridge a while, spoon and serve! It comes apart a little in the bowl, but it is oh so good!
This dessert is very easy to make gluten free. Just substitute Gluten Free Graham Crackers. It will turn out just as amazing.
- Rest Time: The longer this sits in the fridge the better it gets. 3 hours is the minimum but it is better overnight.
- Dairy Free? Use a tub of Coconut Whipped Topping. Also only use 1 cup of dairy free milk alternative. SO GOOD!
- Other Flavors: Mix up this dessert by using other flavors of pie filling. Blueberry is delicious too!
- Whisk together pudding and milk according to the package and refrigerate for 5 mins.
- Fold the cool whip into the pudding mix.
- In a 8×8 or 9×9 square pan place a layer of graham crackers and top with half of the pudding mix.
- Repeat with another layer of graham crackers and the other half of the pudding mix.
- Top with a final layer of graham crackers and a can of cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerated for at least 3 hours.
- Spoon and serve
- Use gluten free graham crackers and enjoy!
Originally posted June 2012. Updated June 2020.