Looking for the perfect dessert for your next BBQ or get together? This Easy Cherry Bars with Glaze Recipe is INCREDIBLE!
Oh perfection. This Easy Cherry Bars Recipe is the epitome of classic summer desserts! These on a platter for the Fourth, Memorial Day, or just a backyard BBQ are the best! They are so simple to make, and even more delicious! Everyone will love them! How could they not? YUM!
How to make Cherry Bars
We are making these Cherry Bars from scratch (except for the pie filling) and they are still very easy. Follow the directions creaming the butter and sugar together, stirring in eggs, and then flour to create your cookie dough for the crust.
Spread about 3 cups of the cookie dough in your pan making sure to cover the bottom. This is the base for your bars. Top with the cherry pie filling again spreading evenly.
I used a quarter sheet pan for this (which worked perfectly), but you can also use a 13×9 pan.
Take the rest of the cookie dough and drop it by spoonfuls on top of the cherry pie filling.
Bake for 30 – 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow the bars to cool in the pan. While they are cooling you can whisk together the glaze ingredients.
Once they are cool, cut into bars and drizzle with glaze. ENJOY!
These easy cherry bars are very simple to create gluten free! Just substitute in your favorite gluten free flour and check your other ingredients.
To make these dairy free substitute your favorite dairy free margarine in place of the butter and use a dairy free milk alternative for the glaze. These turn out just as delicious with these easy substitutes.
Store any leftover bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Easy Cherry Bars
- Quarter Sheet Pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 42 oz cherry pie filling 2 cans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 15x10x1 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Stir in vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt
- Add to creamed mixture
- Evenly spread about 3 cups of dough into baking pan
- Spread pie filling over batter evenly
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoon over the top
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool on rack
- Combine ingredients for Glaze – NOTE: if you add the vanilla the glaze is a bit darker, if you want the glaze to be bright white, use clear vanilla extract
- Drizzle over bars
- Cut and serve
- Store leftovers in airtight container
- Substitute gluten free flour and gluten free vanilla extract
- Use a dairy free margarine in place of the butter and use a dairy free milk substitute for the glaze.