Chewy Brownie Cookies Recipe
Get your glass of milk ready for this tasty Soft Chewy Brownie Cookies Recipe! You will be hooked at the first bite! Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free options too!
After a long day, there isn’t anything better than a nice warm chocolatey cookie and a glass of cold milk, or a cup of coffee. There is a reason there is an entire aisle dedicated to cookies at the grocery store. Think about it! These Chewy Brownie Cookies are the best of two worlds, and oh so simple to make!
All the ingredients are things you should have on hand. I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips because they are dairy free, but you can choose whatever your favorites are. These are fantastic with the mint chips at Christmas time!
The other thing I love is these don’t take long to bake. Only about 9 minutes in a 350-degree F oven. You want to set a timer because you can’t see them brown because of their chocolatey happiness. I am just warning you because there is nothing worse than a burnt pan of cookies. I am pretty sure a unicorn cries somewhere when that happens.
Once your cookies have cooled pour yourself a glass of milk. You have to test your cookies dunk-factor. I don’t expect you to take my word for it. 🙂 ENJOY!
Chewy Brownie CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour or gluten free flour mix
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened or shortening
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the sugar and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Beat in the butter and vanilla. Then mix in the eggs.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- For a thicker cookie, chill dough for at least 15 minutes.
- Scoop dough into tablespoonfuls on the lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes and remove from oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray before you remove.
- Serve and store them in an airtight container.
- Use a gluten free flour mix in place of the flour.
- Use a dairy free chocolate chip and dairy free margarine or shortening in place of the butter.
Do you love cookies?
We do! Check out all of these yummy cookie recipes here on A Few Shortcuts!
Made these and we really like them. Gave a friend some and thought they were delicious