This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for the perfect frosting for a chocolate cupcake? Try this Unbelievable Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe! It’s amazing!
My kids are my reason for just about everything, including this blog. I would have never even begun sharing things or created AFewShortcuts.com without them. They are my world! SO, when my world asked me if I could make Peanut Butter Frosting for some birthday cupcakes I knew I had to give it my best!
Long ago and far way, I had made this frosting before. I had forgotten how rich and decadent it was. It tastes just like peanut butter fudge…in a good way. That being said, a little can go a long way, but it is oh so good!
I made a batch of cupcakes using this perfect homemade cake mix! This frosting is good on any kind of cake, but we are a chocolate cake family! Chocolate cake with this peanut butter frosting is UNBELIEVABLE!
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups Peanut Butter - creamy
- 1/2 cup butter - softened (or dairy-free margarine)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- In mixing bowl cream together peanut butter and butter with mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix to combine.
- Add in the milk to make the frosting your desired consistency. You may need more or less depending on your preference.
- Whip until smooth.
- Use a dairy-free margarine and dairy free milk alternative. Almond or coconut milk works well.