Good for you food, can be good tasting food too! REAL FOOD! We aren’t talking processed food with ingredients we can’t spell…or say. This Turkey Bacon Avocado Tomato Cup is so easy, so yummy, and uses Fresh from Florida Tomatoes at the peak of their season!
I was at the grocery store the other day and saw the Fresh From Florida sign next to these tomatoes! I love buying in season produce like this. It tastes AMAZING!Look for the Fresh From Florida logo when you are out shopping for produce or dining at local restaurants.
I cut the top off of this tomato and scooped out the insides to make it like a cup. You could cut the tomato in half and make 2 little bowls also. Really totally up to you how you would like to do it.
I then took 1/2 of an avocado, squeeze of lemon juice, 1 tsp sour cream, salt, and pepper and mixed it together. If you can’t have dairy you can eliminate the sour cream or substitute with a dairy free sour cream. I could just eat this stuff with a spoon.
I took a couple slices of oven roasted turkey and lined my tomato cup. Stuffed it with the avocado mix, and of course topped it with some crunchy bacon. The result, was this beautiful lunch. I can’t even begin to describe how tasty this really is!
Turkey Bacon Avocado Tomato Cup
- Fresh From Florida Tomato
- 2 oz Sliced Oven Roasted Turkey
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1/4 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp sour cream
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 1 slice of crispy bacon, or bacon crumbles
- Cut the top off of the tomato and scoop out the insides to make it a cup. Or cut it in half and scoop it out to make 2 bowls.
- Line the tomato with the sliced turkey.
- In a small bowl mix the avocado, lemon, sour cream, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Top turkey with avocado mix and bacon crumbles.
- Eliminate the sour cream or substitute a dairy free sour cream
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
Check out the Fresh From Florida sites to get great recipes updated with the seasons. Also, like Fresh from Florida on Facebook and follow Fresh from Florida on Twitter to receive weekly recipes that feature Florida produce, while products are in season.