I have been a food prepper for a long time. This mama stays busy and I love making meals ahead of time. I typically pre-cook my freezer meals but lately, I am loving packaging my meat with seasonings so it is ready to thaw and cook. This yummy Cilantro Lime Chicken Freezer Meal will be great on the grill or in the skillet. You can even toss this one in the crockpot.
Some days you just get lucky, and that was me yesterday. I found Chicken Tenders marked down to $1.58/lb. Needless to say, I am the proud owner of A LOT of chicken tenders that are going into homemade chicken nuggets and more for the freezer.
I made these simple printable labels for the freezer bags. They list the cooking instructions and anything else you may need. They print 2 to a sheet and I love to print them right on this adhesive label paper. It just makes life easier. You can download and print these for FREE below.
Click the button below to download the peeps for my peeps Printable
Simply adhere the labels to gallon size freezer bags and fill with the ingredients. Something that will make this job even easier is these fantastic Food Storage Bag Holders! They easily hold the bags open while you fill them for freezer meals!
This Cilantro Lime Chicken can be grilled, cooked in a skillet and even tossed in the crockpot for an easy main dish. We have enjoyed it in tortillas, on nachos, and even on salads. This is one of our favorites.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Freezer Meal
Cilantro Lime Chicken Freezer MealPrint Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/2 cup lime juice (about 4 small limes)
- zest from the limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- Place the chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the lime juice, zest, olive oil, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Chop the cilantro and mix into the other ingredients in the bowl.
- Pour the marinade into the zip lock bag.
- Remove most of the air from the bag and squeeze to evenly cover the chicken with the marinade.
- Flatten the chicken into a single layer and place on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid.
- Remove from cookie sheet once frozen. Store in the freezer for up to three months.To Prepare
- Grill – heat a grill to medium-high. Cook the chicken until no longer pink in the center or until the internal temperature has reached 165 F. degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Skillet- heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat, cook each side about 8 minutes or until no longer pink at the thickest section. Or until the thickest section reaches 165 F. degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Crockpot- Dump contents into a 4 qt crockpot or larger and cook on low for 6-8 hours