A little tart and a whole lotta sweet makes these Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies amazing and perfect for the holidays!
Taking a recipe that I know and love and mixing it up a bit is one of my favorite things to do. I get to create something new and I am certain that the results will be amazing. These delicious Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies are based off of my favorite chocolate cookie recipe, just with a twist. These are perfect for the holidays or just if you are in the mood for a tasty sweet treat!
How to Make
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In the bowl of your mixer cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.
Add in eggs and vanilla (or see vegan version below), and beat.
Now add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until dough forms. Then stir in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the parchment lined sheet. I love to use a cookie scoop for this. Makes it so easy. Give the cookies 2 inches to spread.
Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Allow them to cool on the tray for a couple minutes before removing and enjoy!
To make these cookies gluten free simply use your favorite gluten free flour blend. I used King Arthur Gluten Free Flour (not sponsored just love it). I also use a gluten free vanilla extract. It is super simple to make your own vanilla so you know exactly what you are using.
Would you believe it if I told you that you can make these amazing cookies vegan? You totally can and it is very simple!
- Substitute the butter for vegan margarine
- Omit the eggs
- Add in ¼ cup of dairy free milk substitute
- Add 1 tsp of baking powder
- Use vegan white chocolate chips (found mine at Walmart).
Follow the recipe as written with these changes and you will end up with one of the best vegan cookies you have ever tasted! Trust me.
Freezer Cookie Dough
I do this all the time and it is the best! We never eat all of the cookies at once. So I bake a pan and freeze the rest of the dough for another time. This is perfect for a rainy day, neighbor gift, or just because. Learn more about freezer cookie dough here.
Store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can freeze the baked cookies for 3 months (sometimes longer.)
Cranberry White Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream Butter and sugars together in Mixer.
- Scrape down sides, add Eggs and Vanilla, mix well.
- Scrape down sides again, add Baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Mix until incorporated. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Mix in chocolate chips and cranberries until they are evenly distributed through the dough
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees or until the edges are golden brown.
- Always make a test cookie! (if your cookie falls too flat, add some more flour. If your cookie is too fat you can add a tablespoon or two of milk to thin the dough.)
- Makes at least 4 Dozen depending on the size of the cookie.
- Use your favorite gluten free flour and gluten free vanilla extract.
- Yes, it is possible! Use a dairy free margarine in place of the butter. Omit the eggs and add in ¼ cup of milk alternative (oat or coconut work beautifully). Also add in 1 tsp of baking powder. You can purchase vegan white chocolate chips (found mine at walmart).