I love finding super simple yet amazing recipes that never cease to knock your socks off. I dare you to take these Easy Apple Pie Snickerdoodle Bars to a party and tell someone that they are made with only 3 ingredients! They would never believe you, but it is so true! This is the perfect quick dessert for fall!
It all begins with a roll of sugar cookie dough and a can of apple pie filling. The rest is pretty much history. SO SO Easy folks!
I did run into one small snag. This recipe calls for a 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan. Mine bit the dust the other day in an unfortunate incident when it go knocked of the kitchen counter and shattered into a million pieces. RIP. I still need to replace it, so I substituted this round pyrex dish instead. It totally did the job.
Just press 1/2 of the roll of cookie dough into the bottom of your 8×8 or 9×9 dish and then sprinkle away with cinnamon sugar! 🙂
Top with the can of apple pie filling and the rest of the cookie dough. The best way to handle it is to press the dough into small cookie shaped disks and place on the top. The sprinkle with some more cinnamon sugar.
Pop those bad boys into the oven at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes. Your house will smell like a little piece of heaven. Allow them to cool and the slice. Or serve warm with some ice cream!
- 1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 can 20 oz. apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut sugar cookie tube in 1/2, Press 1/2 into the bottom of and 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/2 over the cookie bottom.
- Spread apple pie filling over crust. Take rest of cookie dough and break off little pieces roll into balls and flatten slightly, and lay over the apple mixture. Sprinkle with rest of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool Cut and Serve
I turned my back for 1 minute to finish dinner. Came back to finish taking pictures of this loveliness and I find this little rascal. They were just too good to resist!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.