Ooey gooey deliciousness at its finest! This simple Smores Brownie Bars Recipe is easy to make and perfect for your next camp-out, movie night or just because!
Gathering around the fire pit, roasting marshmallows and telling stories is a wonderful part of Summer. When you can't be outside around the fire pit you can be inside making a batch of these Smores Brownie Bars. You can have all of the flavors of S'mores with even more chocolatey gooeyness added in courtesy of the brownies!
I love using my Homemade Brownie Mix for these they taste just like they are from scratch. You can totally use store bought mixes too. The other thing that I love is that this Smores Brownie recipe is very easy to make gluten free and dairy free. Just a few ingredient tweaks and they still taste just as amazing!
The secret to this entire recipe is getting the perfect toast on those marshmallows. A few minutes under the broiler and a watchful eye and you can get them the perfect shade of golden brown. I really don't think there is anything better than a chewy brownie with gooey marshmallow and chocolate on top. Do you?
Make a batch of these Smores Brownie Bars, grab some blankets and turn on your favorite movie for a great night in with your favorite people!
S'mores Brownie Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare your brownie batter according to the package stirring in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. I highly recommend this homemade brownie mix recipe!
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into prepared pan, spreading it evenly pushing it to the edges and corners. Sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly on top of the chocolate chip covered brownie batter. If you don't have any you can create your own by pulsing the graham crackers in a food processor for a few minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 33-38 minutes.
- After baking, set your oven to broil on high.
- Sprinkle on a layer of mini marshmallows, or take full-size marshmallows and cut them horizontally in half and place them right on top so a thin layer of marshmallow covers the surface.
- Place the pan back in the oven on broil for a couple of minutes – standing by watching to make sure the marshmallows do not brown too much. This process happens very quickly so keep a watchful eye!
- Pull from the oven when marshmallow topping is browned to your liking and place pan on a wire cooling rack to cool a bit before removing from pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
- These can be made gluten-free with a gluten-free brownie mix. This Homemade Brownie Mix can be made gluten-free.
- Also, use gluten-free graham crackers. We found these Scharr Gluten Free Grahams.
- Replace any butter with dairy-free margarine.
- Replace any milk with dairy-free alternative like coconut milk.
- Use dairy-free chocolate chip. I highly recommend Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips.