When life gives you lemons make lemonade, or a ton of lemony treats: Which is what I did.
I was headed out the door yesterday and the Fedex man pulled in my driveway. He handed me this box full of Lemons from Limoneira (a lemon grower in California). It's the little things in life that make me happy. All of the things that I could make with that box full of lemons!
First things first. These super Easy Lemon Bars! The crust is made with this really simple Sugar Cookie Mix. Just mix it and 1/2 cup of melted butter or margarine for the crust. Press it into a 9x13 baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
While the crust is baking mix the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl. When the crust comes out of the oven, pour the lemon mix over the top. Pop the dish back into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar or a little extra lemon zest.
- 1 Sugar cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix the sugar cookie mix and the butter together until a dough forms. Press the dough into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, beat together eggs, sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, lemon juice and lemon rind for at least 1 minute. Pour the mixture over the baked crust.
- Bake the bars another 20 minutes, or until the lemon topping has set.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar when cooled.Dairy Free
- These can be made dairy free by using a dairy free margarine.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.