Some of the best dinner rolls ever come from this Easy Refrigerator Bread Rolls Recipe! Make a few or make all of them at once. DELICIOUS!
This recipe is a lifesaver. I have made this Easy Refrigerator Bread Rolls Recipe since we got married 20 years ago (WOW, that made me sound old.) It makes a delicious light, fluffy, slightly sweet dinner roll that can't be beaten. We use them for small slider sandwiches, and just with a little butter. These are also perfect for the holidays.
What are Refrigerator Bread Rolls?
Long story short, these are Refrigerator Bread Rolls because you make the dough, and you can keep it in the fridge for as long as five days before baking it. It is an excellent way to prep ahead of time for the holidays!
I love this recipe because it is excellent if you enjoy bread with dinner every night. Just pinch off enough for a roll or two and put it on a pan to rise while you are cooking. Then, pop them in the oven — freshly baked bread every night.
I used to do this all of the time when we were first married. Now, we tend to enjoy them during the holidays, and they are still amazing!
Tips for making Bread Rolls
I love this recipe because it is easy. There is not a lot of kneading or working the dough. You mix it up in your mixer, refrigerate, and then divide it into rolls before baking. Here are some tips to make it even easier.
- Cover your bowl of dough well because it will try to rise in the fridge.
- Flour your surface before turning your dough out.
- Use a small kitchen scale to weigh your dough balls if you want your rolls to all to be the same size.
- Grease your baking dish well to keep your bread from sticking to the pan.
- Preheat your oven entirely before placing your rolls in it.
How to Make Easy Refrigerator Bread Rolls
When I said easy, I mean easy! Just activate your yeast in warm water. After about 5 minutes, dump the yeast water and all of the other ingredients in the bowl of your mixer and let it mix until a dough is formed. About 2 minutes. Take your bowl and cover it and place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill. You can store it for up to 5 days before baking.
It isn't the prettiest dough at first, but don't let that scare you.
When you are ready to use your dough, turn it out onto a floured surface and divide it into rolls. This recipe makes 24, but you don't have to bake them all at once. Form your dough into balls and place them in a greased baking pan.
Let the dough rise for about an hour, or until they double in size. Bake the bread rolls at 375 for about 20 minutes.
When they are done, remove them from the oven and brush the tops of the rolls with some melted butter. ENJOY! These make the best dinner rolls and even are great for slider sandwiches!
Easy Refrigerator Bread Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup warm water 105 ° to 115°
- 2 pkgs quick acting yeast or 2 tablespoon dry Yeast
- ½ cup butter melted, or dairy free margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-4½ cup all purpose flour
- Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand until yeast is foamy about 5 minutes.
- In a mixer beat butter, sugar, eggs and salt and slowly add the yeast mixture. Mix in flour 1 cup at a time until dough comes together. About 4 cups.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours up to 5 days.
- Turn the Chilled dough out on a lightly floured board or counter.
- Divide your dough into ¼ths. Each of these has enough dough for 6 rolls. Divided it as evenly as possible. This recipe makes 24 dinner rolls, although you can make them bigger or smaller if you choose.
- Shape each small piece of dough into a round ball for a rolls. Place them in a greased baking dish. I reccomend 12 rolls per 13x9 pan. You can also bake them individually on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once baking sheet or pan is full cover with dish towel and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375° and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
- Use dairy free margarine instead of butter