I shared this recipe at Halloween last year for “Witches Corn”. This caramel corn recipe is my go to recipe for a fun sweet snack for the kids. I just made a big batch of red a blue for the 4th! The trick is to use granulated white sugar instead of brown sugar so you can color it with food coloring. It is so good and the kids get so excited to see the colorful batches come out of the oven!
Here is how to make it!
- 1 bag natural popped popcorn or 4 cups popped corn
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Butter or dairy free alternative
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Food Color of your choice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and spread popcorn over it.
- In a small saucepan melt together butter, sugar and corn syrup over Medium Heat until melted and slightly bubbling.
- Stir in several drops of food coloring and vanilla.
- Quickly pour over popcorn on pan and stir to coat with a spatula.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool. Break into pieces and serve!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.