This post may contain affiliate links.
During the holidays or any day this quick and easy 30 Minute Dinner Rolls Recipe is a winner. Fresh baked bread is just this simple!
The holidays are around the corner, and I have single handedly spoiled my family into expecting a big meal for Thanksgiving. I don’t mind spending the time in the kitchen making a big meal. I kind of enjoy it, but it can be exhausting. Then, over the past couple years I have noticed this thing happening. My babies are growing up. I wish there was a pause or a rewind button, but I have yet to find it.
So instead of spending hours on end in the kitchen on thanksgiving or Christmas, I would much rather spend it watching Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and decorating for Christmas, or playing with those gifts together.
I have come up with a few tricks that have cut my kitchen time way back! One of them is this 30 Minute Dinner Rolls Recipe. I found the original recipe from Real Mom Kitchen. While I love baking bread, I had my doubts that it could be done in 30 minutes! It is a process, people. It needs to rest, rise, and bake. You can’t rush that. Well…..I was wrong. These dinner rolls turned out fabulously! I am now working on a gluten-free version that I hope to have ironed out in a few days.
The trick is a larger than normal amount of yeast. I thought they might taste yeasty, but they have a very pleasant taste. While the oven preheats to 400 F, place yeast, warm water, oil, and sugar in your mixer.
Then everyone else in the mixer. This makes a pretty sticky dough. I suggest you flour or grease your hands before you try to shape the rolls. Make each roll the size of a tangerine.
I placed my finished rolls and placed them on a parchment lined 13×9 pan. They don’t have to be perfect, as you can tell by mine. Let them rise for 10 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until tops are golden brown. Makes 1 dozen.
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp quick acting yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 eggs
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- additional flour for hands while forming rolls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine water, oil, yeast, and sugar. Allow mixture to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- With a dough hook, mix in salt, flour, and egg until combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Flour hands, and Shape dough into 12 balls. Place them onto a greased or parchment lined 13x9 baking pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until tops are golden brown.