Super simple. Make your own Homemade Fruit Roll Ups for those lunch boxes with this easy recipe. Just fruit and a sweetener of your choice. That is it. No special equipment needed.
Finding healthy snacks and lunch box treats can get monotonous. Fruit Snacks, snack cakes, cookies, etc. It’s always something. I got some extra fruit at the grocery store this week and decided to try my hand at this Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups. They are super healthy and taste amazing! There is nothing like fresh homemade fruit leather. No special equipment is necessary.
All it takes is fruit, a little sweetener, and some time. Also…
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- food processor or blender
I popped 2 containers of blueberries into my food processor along with a drizzle of honey. You could totally use a blender.
Next, I completely covered my cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread the fruit out evenly on the pan about 1/8th of an inch thick.
Pop it into the oven at 175 degrees F for 6 – 8 hours until the center is not tacky anymore. Remove from oven and peel off of the baking sheet. Cut into strips and roll in parchment or plastic. Store in an airtight container or freeze.
Since I baked mine on parchment, I just cut it into strips and rolled it up. Turned out perfectly! You could do this with any kind of fruit! The kids love them!
Fruit Flavor Ideas
We love to do this with whatever fruit is in season. It works well with
- blends (pomegranate/strawberry)
If you have a food dehydrator you can use it for this recipe. Just follow your manufacturer’s instructions for fruit leather.
Homemade Fruit Roll Ups
- 3 cups diced fruit ripe or slightly over-ripe
- Sweetener to taste : honey sugar, agave, etc.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap, or a silicone baking mat, or parchment paper. Spread to 1/8″ thick.
- Place in oven and bake for 6-8 hours, until center is not tacky anymore. Remove from oven and peel off of baking sheet. Cut into strips and roll in parchment or plastic. Store in airtight container or freeze.