This post may contain affiliate links.
Skip store-bought and make your own Homemade Funfetti Cake Mix with this simple recipe! Choose your sprinkles, and use these free printable labels!
Ask any kid…or adult for that matter, what the most fun cake mix is, and they will tell you hands down. Funfetti Cake Mix! Do you know what makes it even more fun? Choosing your sprinkles! Make your own Homemade Funfetti Cake Mix and blow your friends and family away with how amazing these taste!
The cake mix itself is super simple to whip together. You are just pre-mixing the dry ingredients for your cake. I sometimes will make several of these at once so that I have them on hand. You can never have too much cake in your life.
My favorite part is picking which sprinkles to add in. Now, there is one place you should be getting your sprinkles, and that is Sweets & Treats Boutique. Not only do they have the best sprinkles but they have the worlds most impressive cupcake liners!
True story…my blue and green sprinkles came from Sweets & Treats but my pink sprinkles were found on clearance. I still added them to my cake mix. Well, y’all. The blue and green sprinkles from Sweets & Treats held their color throughout the baking process. Those pink sprinkles gave me pink cupcakes. YEP, they lost their color right in my cake batter. There is nothing wrong with a pink cupcake, but that wasn’t what I was going for. Moral of the story, use quality ingredients.
Once you have mixed your Homemade Funfetti Cake Mix, you can fill your bags with it. The best part is these fun (FREE) printable labels that I made for you. Just stick them right on the outside of your bags, and they have the full baking instructions directly on them. Pretty cool, right?! You can download them below.
When you are ready to make cake or cupcakes just mix the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. That is it. See my lovely pink cupcakes? LOL
I topped these cupcakes with the best ever buttercream frosting and some extra sprinkles. See how pretty the cupcake wrappers from Sweets & Treats Boutique stay in the oven. I am telling you. They are the best!
Oh and this cake is so light and fluffy. Simply divine!
- 2 Cups All purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 cup sprinkles of your choiceTo Make Cake
- 3/4 Cup Milk - or milk alternative
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Cake Mix
- Combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container or baggie. Keeps well in the pantry for up to 6 months.
- Above recipe makes one cake mix equivalent to a 18.5 oz boxed mix.To Make Cake
- Mix cake mix with milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes and Bake at 350 F.Bake Times
- 8-9 inch round pan 20-25 mins
- 13x9 pan 35-40 mins
- Cupcakes- 12-15 mins
- Tube or Bundt Pan 45-50 mins
- Make mix with a gluten free flour blend. I recomend 1/2 cup rice flour, 1/2 cup potato starch, & 1 cup tapioca flour.
- Use a milk substitute like almond milk or coconut milk
Free Homemade Funfetti Cake Mix Printable Labels
More Homemade Mixes
If you love homemade mixes check out all of the homemade mixes here on A Few Shortcuts!