Take your essential oils with you everywhere. Learn How to Make a Diffuser Bracelet to where or give as a great gift.
I am always on the lookout for easy and affordable DIY projects that I can give as gifts. My love for these bracelets started a long time ago and a few trips to Michaels later we learned that they are easy and affordable to make! Learn How to Make a Diffuser Bracelet in just a few minutes and create a beautiful piece of functional jewelry.
What is a Diffuser Bracelet
Very simply a diffuser bracelet is a beaded bracelet that has beads that you can put a few drops of essential oil on to enjoy the aroma throughout the day. Basically it is your own personal diffuser as the day goes on.
What are Lava stone Beads?
The key to these bracelets are the lava stone beads. What are lava stone beads? They are actual beads made out of lava rock. They are porous and a perfect place for your essential oils. Not only are they great for making your bracelet essential oil friendly but lava stone has some powers of their own.
Lava Rock is known for being a grounding stone, one that can balance the emotions and bring about calmness and strength. These are said to be great to wear if you suffer from stress or anxiety. Whether you believe it or not, it can’t hurt to give it a try. You can learn more about Healing Gemstones to Use for Jewelry & Their Meanings it is pretty fascinating!
How to Make a Diffuser Bracelet
When I say that these are easy to make I mean it!
You will Need
- Lava Stone Beads
- Other gemstone beads
- Stretch Magic Or Other Stretchy Jewelry Cord
- Super Glue (optional)
Choose the size and length of your bracelet. Regardless of size you will want to use at least 4 – 5 lava stone beads for the best diffuser properties.
Normally I order a lot of my supplies from Amazon but when it comes to beading hit your local Michaels. We have found that they regularly have their beads on sale. We stumbled upon a 70% off the green tag beads sale earlier this week. That meant SUPER CHEAP gemstones and beads. If you are making these for gifts, or even for yourself there is no point to spend a ton of money.
Before you string the beads on the Stretch magic give it a pull. You want to stretch it out a little bit before you bead. This will help your bracelet hold its shape better when you are done.
Simple string the beads on the stretch magic in any design or pattern you choose. There is not wrong way to do this. You are creating a masterpiece here.
Finally, tie the ends together in a square knot 0r double knot. Since the jewelry cord can be slick, you may want to add a drop of super glue to the knot before you snip this ends. This will just help ensure that your bracelet does not come undone. You are now ready to wear or give this beautiful bracelet as a gift!
What I used
If you are curious what I used, all of the beads I purchases were 10mm beads. I also chose to add charms to my bracelets this time. This is totally optional.
Some people prefer to separate sections of their bracelets with spacer beads too. Really, the choice is yours when it comes to beads.
Favorite Essential Oils to Try
Now that you have a gorgeous diffuser bracelet what essential oils should you try on it. There are so many blends and oils on the market it can be hard to pick. Here are my top 5 to wear on my bracelet.
- Orange Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Relax Essential Oil Blend
- Jasmine Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
I also use some of my Essential Oil Blends Recipes.They are great for dropping right on the bracelet.
How to Make a Diffuser Bracelet
- Before you string the beads on the Stretch magic give it a pull. You want to stretch it out a little bit before you bead. This will help your bracelet hold its shape better when you are done.
- Simple string the beads on the stretch magic in any design or pattern you choose. There is not wrong way to do this. You are creating a masterpiece here. However, I reccomend atleast 4 -5 lava stones in a row for the diffuser.
- Finally, tie the ends together in a square knot or double knot. Since the jewelry cord can be slick, you may want to add a drop of super glue to the knot before you snip this ends. This will just help ensure that your bracelet does not come undone. You are now ready to wear or give this beautiful bracelet as a gift!
- I used 10mm beads for my bracelet although you could use any size.
- You can add charms and spacers if desired.
- The average bracelet is 7 1/2 inches long. Cut your Stretch Magic to 10 inches to have plenty of room to tie it and adjust the length if needed.
More Homemade Gift Ideas
- DIY Ribbon Bookmarks with Charms
- DIY Peppermint Lip Balm Recipe
- How to Make Wooden Bead Garland with Tassels
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.