This post may contain affiliate links.
I have 3 little people who count on me to keep them happy, healthy, and safe. They also count on me to keep the house clean. The house which they make dirty on a daily basis. There was a time when I stocked up on cleaners, polishes, and scrubs for every surface in the house to keep in clean. These days I am leaning toward non-toxic, low cost, cleaners that can be made from household items. You would be surprised how many things you can make on your own for pennies.
Check out this simple directions on How to Make Homemade Furniture Polish. Not only does it work well, but it smells amazing too!
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl or spray bottle. You can snag a brand new spray bottle from the dollar tree for $1!
- Use a clean cloth to rub a small amount of the polish into your furniture.
- Wipe dry with another cloth.
I can go on and on about why this is better for your family. Some of the benefits are…
- environmentally friendly
- safe for kids to use
- Lemon is a natural disinfectant
- Shake before each use to recombine ingredients
- Use an inexpensive olive oil for polishes. No need to use the top of the line.
- Label your cleaner so you know what is in your bottle.
- Spray bottles can be purchased from dollar tree for only $1
What is your favorite homemade cleaner recipe? Feel free to share your tips in the comments below.