This will have them asking for more! This Cheesy Bacon Oven Chips recipe is the ultimate appetizer for game day or any day!
Dinner can be a battle when you have kids in the house. I can stand up and cook a fabulous meal just to have someone poke at it with a fork and say, “Ewww…..what is that?” SERIOUSLY!? It’s meatloaf, not an alien. LOL, Of course, they all have room for dessert.
I needed some new “go to” side dishes that don’t make the kids squirm. Mama is tired of mac & cheese and french fries. We need to mix things up.
Hello, Cheesy Bacon Oven Chips. The perfect mix of bacon, cheese, and potatoes! Plus they can be made as an appetizer too! They are unbelievably perfect for watching football. The kids love that they can eat them with their fingers, and I love that they aren’t fried!
I sliced my potatoes thin, like for an au gratin, with my food processor. You can use a food slicer like this one. I then rinsed them off in a bowl of cold water, drained and patted them dry with a paper towel.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray it with cooking spray and place a single layer of potatoes down. Now just sprinkle them with cheese and bacon crumbles and pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes. YEP….that’s it!
You can make this super simple dipping sauce to go with them, which everyone loved!
Cheesy Bacon Oven Chips
- 1 large or 2 medium russet potato, washed and sliced into 1/8" rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded Colby jack, cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into bits
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, chives or scallions, (optional)
- Salt, to taste
Creamy Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- After slicing the potatoes, soak them in water. Drain, and lay out individual potato slices on a paper-towel. Pat slices dry with another layer of paper towels (
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Lay out potato slices about 1/2 inch from each other (not overlapping) and lightly coat with additional cooking spray.
- Sprinkle each slice with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with salt. Allow chips to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Creamy Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve with potatoes
Courses Side Dish, appetizer
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.