The most perfect hard boiled eggs in only 5 minutes! It can happen with this simple Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe! Quick & Easy!
I have owned my Instant Pot for a little over a year now, and I find new uses for it everyday! It totally saves me when I forget to pull meat out of the freezer to thaw, but my new favorite use is making these Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. In only about 5 minutes the instant pot will give you the most perfect, easily peeled hard boiled eggs you have ever seen! It’s the best!
What Size Instant Pot?
Let’s start with the right kind of instant pot. Frankly, when it comes to hard boiled eggs I don’t think there is a wrong kind of Instant Pot. Obviously, the bigger the Instant Pot the more eggs you can do at once. I only make 6 eggs at a time because my family eats them in spurts, and I hate to waste food.
Do I need a rack?
Yes, you will need an Instant Pot Rack for these, or rig up some other way to keep your eggs from touching the bottom of the Instant Pot while they steam. Amazon sells a ton of egg racks, steaming racks, and other fun extras for the instant pot!
Can I make a Instant Pot Soft Boiled Egg?
YES! You can make your eggs any way you like them. I will include in the recipe card the cooking times for different texture eggs. The 5 minutes is for a hard boiled egg, but I know some people like theirs a little softer. It just takes a couple less minutes in the Instant Pot. That is it!
When I say this makes the perfect egg I mean it! No grey rings, peels easily, and ready in just a few minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
These eggs would even be great for EASTER! Check out these 10 tips for the best Easter Egg Hunt (see them here)
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Instant Pot
- In your instant pot place 1 cup of water.
- Add your rack, and place your eggs carefully on top.
- Place your lid on the Instant Pot and set it manually at high pressure for 5 minutes (for hard boiled eggs).
- Allow your instant pot to depressurize naturally for 5 minutes when done. Once the 5 minutes is up release the pressure valve to make sure all of the pressure is clear, then open your Instant pot.
- Using tongs remove the eggs and immediately put them in an ice bath to cool.Drain well and peel. ENJOY!
Soft Boiled Eggs & More
- 3 minutes: Soft, just set whites and runny yolks4 Minutes: Medium, firmer whites and jammy yolks
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.