Looking for a quick and easy low carb dish? This Skillet Mediterranean Chicken Recipe is a delicious dinner option!
Flavors can transport you thousands of miles away and stir up memories of past trips and experiences. Even if you have never traveled to Europe and enjoyed the Mediterranean in person, this delicious and simple Skillet Medieterranean Chicken Recipe is the next best thing.
Why Cast iron
I love cooking in cast iron! I have actually switch most of my cookware to only cast iron. Not only is it durable, but it heats evenly and it can go from stove top to the oven in a flash. I can't tell you how much I recommend a good set of cast iron enough!
Low Carb Side Option
This recipe is ready in under 30 minutes thanks to the cast iron skillet. Start this tasty dinner on the stove and finish it up in the oven while you are making sides. This Cauliflower Rice is a great option if you are trying to keep the entire meal low carb.
Speaking of low carb, if you or someone you love is eating KETO, or low carb this meal is a terrific option. If you aren't low carb, it is still an amazing dinner that shouldn't be missed.
Added bonus: Take your leftovers, cut them up, and fill up a pita pocket with your Mediterranean Chicken for a tasty lunch or even second meal!
Skillet Mediterranean Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts Large, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- ½ teaspoon parsley dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ cup black olives finely chopped
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado choppe
- fresh parsley garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F>
- Place chicken breast on cutting board and using a sharp knife cut them in half lengthwise.
- Sprinkle both side of chicken with dried basil, dried parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add chicken broth, garlic, and lemon juice to the hot skillet. Allow the juices to simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off heat.
- Return the chicken back to the skillet. Add chopped tomatoes, onions, and olives on top of the chicken. Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add chopped fresh avocado, crumbled feta, and fresh parsley. Serve Warm.