This Midnight Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake Recipe was sponsored by Promised Land Dairy as part of their #FarFromOrdinaryMilk Campaign. All opinions are 100% my own.
A sweet tooth can strike at any time of day or night, especially when there is chocolate involved. Keeping a little something on hand for when the mood strikes is important for personal happiness. When it is a little chilly outside the mood is just perfect to whip up this Midnight Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake for just such occasions. Serve it for the holidays!
I am all for shortcuts all over the house, but there is something about a cake that is made from scratch that just can’t be beat! This chocolate cake has a secret ingredient that makes it even more moist and delicious than most. Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate Milk will add a touch of sweet chocolate flavor to your favorite dessert recipes. This whole milk has a rich, creamy texture that lends itself to this Midnight Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake to make it UNBELIEVABLE!
The Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate Milk lends it’s award winning rich chocolatey flavor to this cake that chocolate lovers won’t be able to resist!
When baking a chocolate cake don’t use flour on your pan to keep it from sticking. Coat it with cocoa powder!
Once the cake is done baking flip it onto a cooling rack and drizzle it with a simple homemade chocolate ganache that is also made with the Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate Milk. This cake is a chocoholics dream! Sprinkle the cake with crushed peppermints while the ganache is still wet.
Serving this cake comes with it’s own set of problems. Do you eat it by itself, or with some whipped cream or ice cream? Do you drink coffee, a glass of Promised Land Midnight Chocolate Milk, or a mix of both (My personal fav! Try it!)? Any way you choose to serve it up this cake is a bit of perfection!
Midnight Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- 16 oz butter - unsalted, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder - unsweetened
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs - room temp
- 4 egg yolks - room temp
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Milk - Promised Land Dairy
- 8 oz Mint Flavored chocolate baking chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Milk
- Peppermints - Crushed, optional
- Place oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Coat a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray and flour with a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Put butter and sugar in a bowl of a mixer and beat at medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until butter is light and fluffy.
- While the butter is beating, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the eggs and yolks one at a time at medium speed to the butter mixture. Reduce the speed to low and add half of the flour mixture. Once mixed add in the Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate Milk, Peppermint and Vanilla extracts mixing well. Finally add in the rest of the flour mixture.and beat on low until just incorporated. Now you can toss in those chocolate mint baking chips and give a couple of stirs until they are mixed throughout.
- Place the cake batter into your greased and dusted bundt pan. Make sure the batter is level using a spatula.
- Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for atleast 20 minutes before flipping the cake onto a wire cooling rack and removing the pan.
- While the cake is cooling you can create the chocolate ganache for over the top by melting the chocolate chips with the Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate Milk. You can do this using a double boiler or just a regular pot over low heat whisking constantly.
- Once the ganache is melted together smoothly drizzle over your cake on the cooling rack and sprinkle with crushed peppermints if desired.
- This cake can be made gluten free by substituting a gluten free flour mix.