If I had to come up with a phrase to perfectly describe this Peanut Butter Cheesecake Parfait it would be….Simple decadence. The kids got in the kitchen and helped me make this after a VERY LONG week. We are run down, tired, and felt like we deserved a reward for making it to Friday.
These little bowls of amazingness is so rich and flavorful you will think you have died and gone to heaven. One spoonful will take you far away from your troubles and to a little piece of heaven.
I am pretty sure we drug everything but the kitchen sink out for ingredients. 😉 Hey we are serious parfait makers.
In a large bowl I beat together the cream cheese & peanut butter. Then, I stirred in the powdered sugar. Finally, we folded in the cool whip for this luscious PB filling that I could just sit down and eat with a spoon. BUT…we are making parfaits here people. Put the spoon down.
Ok….just one bite. Then, put the spoon down. 😉
P.S. For my anti-Cool Whip folks, you can totally use homemade whipped cream for this too!
Now we started assembly. We layered the crushed cookies, peanut butter filling, some cut up candy bars/chocolate chips, and drizzled with chocolate syrup. Then repeat! Finally we topped with a little dollop of cool whip and some more crushed candy.
Mmmm…..SO CHOCOLATEY….AND PEANUT BUTTERY……JUST FANTASTIC!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Parfait
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip - divided
- 1 Chopped Candy Bar of your choice - i used Baby Ruth
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate Syrup
- In a bowl beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter. Once combined mix in the powdered sugar until creamy. Finally fold in 1 - 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Really the amount is up to your personal taste. Go ahead, grab a spoon.
- Set out 4 small parfait glasses or even small jelly mason jars. Layer 2 tbsp cookie crumbs, some peanut butter filling, sprinkle with chocolate chips and candy bar, then drizzle with chocolate syrup. REPEAT one more time.
- Finally top with a dollop of cool whip and some more candy bits.
- Refrigerate until served.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free chocolate cookie crumb, and gluten free candy bar.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.